If the ending to both the manga of Tokyo Ghoul and it's anime adaptation disappointed you, fret not as both have returned. The anime's second season will in fact air during the 2015 Winter season and the manga has returned with a sequel that takes place three years after the ending of the original manga. The new main cast is centered around a unique team of CCG agents under the supervision of Akira Mado (Kureo Mado's daughter). What makes this team unique you wonder, they're all Quincke; a CCG term for one eyed ghouls (half ghouls). Yup, the CCG are now creating and employing half ghouls of their own. The special unit is led by Haise Sasaki who I'm not sure is a one eyed ghoul himself or simply an investigator capable of overpowering them.
Of course the big question of this new series is "where is Kaneki?" Is he really dead and was turned into Arima's newest Quinque or is he locked up in the Ghoul Detention Center being used as a experiment in the same manner as Rize? Either way, the ending of the original manga wasn't enough to fully convince most of the readers of either of those scenarios.
Either way, the new cast are an interesting bunch of characters.
- Haise Sasaki: The protagonist and reliable leader tasked with handling a rowdy group of half-ghouls.
- Urie Kuki: the analytical lone wolf who has the best chance of becoming the one who can surpass Arima but also seems to be the least controllable among the group due to his lone wolf style.
- Tooru Mutsuki: a meek and soft spoken individual who is the most controllable among the group but also the weakest by far. He wears an eye patch, proving he's not very good at handling his ghoul side just yet.
- Ginshi "Shirazu" Fuchi: a reckless fighter with an obsession for besting Urie.
- Saiko: the sole female member of the group who seems quite lazy and has a tendency of shirking her duties.